Savory Mushroom Pate
A yummy vegetarian pate with a surprise kick from an unusual herb! Perfect for a summer appetizer.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms – variety or a combination would make an earthy blend
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced lemon savory leaves
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and finely dice the caps ( save the stems for another use). Melt the butter in a large saute pan and add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms for about 3 minutes on high heat and then add the minced garlic. Continue to saute until the mushrooms brown a bit and the liquid mostly evaporates. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
Place the mushrooms along with the remaining ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth. Refrigerate at least a couple of hours before serving with crackers.